InfoSystems + IBM
InfoSystems is an IBM Platinum Partner and our company President, Clay Hales, is a member of the IBM Global Business Partner Advisory Council, which consists of less than 50 members worldwide. InfoSystems has a strong partnership with IBM dating back beyond the founding of our company in 1994, to our time as the computer division of A&A Business Machines, an IBM typewriter seller.
Get the Latest IBM Product and Solution Information
The IBM Partner Showcase is a portal of content controlled by IBM that presents all of the latest information related to IBM products, solutions, and initiatives in the following categories:
- IT Infrastructure
- IBM Security
- IBM Cloud
- IBM Global Financing
- IBM Global Technology Services
More about IBM
IBM, also known as “Big Blue,” is one of the world’s largest information technology companies. The company offers a wide range of computer software, hardware, and middleware. In addition to its hardware and software products, IBM offers cloud and consulting services.
It was originally founded in 1911 under the name Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR). In 1924, it was renamed International Business Machines. IBM has been a top mainframe supplier for decades. Over time, the company has expanded its focus to include software and services. By 2010, IBM had extended its offerings further with innovations such as its cognitive computing platform, IBM Watson, and cloud-based services.
IBM is segmented into five divisions:
- Technology services and cloud platforms: IT infrastructure services supported by a portfolio of cloud, outsourcing, project-based, and managed services for enterprise IT environments.
- Cognitive solutions: Includes a spectrum of capabilities such as natural language interaction, big data analysis, and machine learning.
- Global business services: Global process services, application management services, and consulting.
- Global financing: Client and commercial financing plus remarketing and remanufacturing.
- Systems: Infrastructure technology designed to fulfill organizations’ computing, performance, and security needs.